Marketing Resume for 2019
Here’s a sample resume example of a marketing resume. This sample resume example is provided courtesy of Quest Career Services, an outplacement company that provides outplacement services to jobseekers located throughout the world.
Marketing resume examples are reprinted with Quest’s permission.
As you develop your marketing resume, be sure it includes keywords relevant to the type of position you are targeting. To develop a keyword list, review two or three job postings for positions that interest you. Identify keywords that appear in these job postings to develop your keyword list.
Most employers use software applications that allow them to automatically search for resumes using a keyword matching feature. To help you do well with these automated initial screening tools used by most employers, incorporate your keyword list into your marketing resume bullets.
1234 1st Avenue North
Any City, Any State 55555
H: (456) 123-7890 W: (456) 123-1234
To obtain a challenging position with a market leader that utilizes my experience in product management, sales management, account management, and project management.
Experienced manager with skills in leading direct reports as well as cross-functional teams, managing a product line from cradle to grave, justifying new product development investments, determining and documenting new product requirements, developing sales forecasts and product pricing, and launching new products to the marketplace. Proven ability to manage key account relationships and large-scale projects. Experience with presenting to senior management, representing senior management in discussions with others in the company, meeting with customers, training and assisting dealers, and coordinating the activities of region managers.
A Company, Inc., Any City, Any State, 7/96 – Present.
Product Manager, 1/99 – Present.
- Reporting to the V. P. of Product Management, responsible for a product line of 20 products representing $12 million in sales revenue for a leading manufacturer of ABC equipment generating sales of $450 million annually.
- Increased product line sales from $8 million in 1999 to $12 million in 2000, a 50% increase, and managed the company’s $30 million accessories and parts program.
- Launched new product into the marketplace to replace an existing product increasing annual unit sales from 3,000 to 12,000.
- Meet with dealers, national accounts, end-users, and the sales force to define new product requirements and work with product development to document these requirements in product specifications.
- Analyze competitive product offerings in terms of features and benefits as well as price points.
- Determine sales forecasts for proposed new products and justify new product development investments through an IRR and NPV analysis.
- Review product pricing and gross margin goals for existing products annually and establish new product pricing.
- Develop written launch plans outlining the launch process, present launch plans to senior management for approval, and track actual unit sales and gross margin performance for new product launches.
- Conduct new product training for the sales force and dealer network including providing test units to region managers and key dealers for use in demonstrations.
- Work with an Italian equipment supplier as well as A Company’s manufacturing plants in A Country and A Country to manage product offerings for the North American market that are produced overseas.
- Exhibit products at trade shows and attend trade shows to review competitors’ products.
Key Account Manager, 4/00 – 12/00.
- Led a cross-functional team with representatives from manufacturing, customer service, technical service, quality, IT, sourcing, accounts receivable, logistics and shipping to ensure a $12 million key account, the largest account in company history, received timely and effective support regarding any issue.
- Managed all product launches into 8 branch locations of this key account and coordinated new product training for the 300 key account representatives.
- Coordinated activities and supported key account representatives in a sales blitz resulting in over 1,000 product demonstrations.
- Worked with the key account to jointly establish sales forecasts, conveyed these forecasts to manufacturing, and met with manufacturing and logistics on a weekly basis to ensure timely equipment delivery.
- Coordinated telemarketing and marketing management in conducting market research to determine target markets for the key account and conveyed this information to the key account.
- Distributed key account sales reports by branch to region managers and senior staff and reviewed sales goals with region managers via telephone conferences.
- Acted as a liaison between A Company and the key account for all issues and represent the team in discussions with senior management on the account status.
- Prepared written status reports for senior management detailing open action items and launch status.
Project Manager, 1/00 – 6/00.
- Reporting to the CEO of worldwide operations, worked with consultants from McKinsey as well as executive staff to review the existing organization structure in the areas of Product Management, R&D, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Sales.
- Attended numerous meetings and teleconferences with executive and senior management to conduct this study.
- Defined roles and responsibilities for each group to improve company processes and strengthen communication channels.
- Assisted in preparing a report with recommendations for how to properly reorganize the company that encompassed not only North American operations, but also headquarters in A Country and European manufacturing facilities in Country A, Country B, Country C, and Country D.
- Attended a Board of Directors’ meeting in A City with the CEO of A Company’s worldwide operations and his key executive staff to discuss reorganization recommendations.
- Coordinated efforts to select and integrate product offerings from an acquired company into the parent company’s product line.
Customer Service Manager, 8/97 – 12/98.
- Directed a 20-person customer service department including hiring, training, and managing staff. Managed customer service staff responsible for processing incoming orders, coordinating shipments, and handling incoming calls from customers and the field sales force.
- Reorganized customer service to properly align with sales teams improving communications and reducing time sales spent on non-sales related administrative activities.
- Implemented a battery-installed program that increased battery sales by $3 million while enabling customers to operate equipment immediately after it was uncrated.
- Led team tasked with determining the product offering for the next fiscal year, establishing product pricing, developing a 100-page Product Guide summarizing the product offerings and pricing, and distributing 8 different versions of this Product Guide to the dealer network, government agencies, and national accounts.
- Managed team members on prototyping and implementing a new ERP system to ensure a smooth transition to the new system.
Inside Sales – Direct Accounts, 7/96 – 8/97.
- Processed incoming orders, coordinated shipments, and handled customer-related issues.
- Responsible for managing and tracking machine allocations for the entire company.
A College, Any City, Any State
BA Marketing and Finance
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Baan