Manager Resume for 2019
Here’s a sample resume of a manager resume, executive resume, or professional resume.
This sample resume example is provided courtesy of Quest Career Services, an outplacement company that provides outplacement services to jobseekers located throughout the world.
Manager resume examples are reprinted with Quest’s permission.
As you develop your manager resume, be sure it includes keywords relevant to the type of position you are targeting. To develop a keyword list, review two or three job postings for positions that interest you. Identify keywords that appear in these job postings to develop your keyword list.
Most employers use software applications that allow them to automatically search for resumes using a keyword matching feature. To help you do well with these automated initial screening tools used by most employers, incorporate your keyword list into your manager resume bullets.
123 Any Street
Any City, Any State 12345
To obtain a position as a Distribution Manager that utilizes my 7 years of distribution and logistics management experience, my experience founding and managing a small business, and my bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Experience with successfully managing all aspects of a large distribution center including implementing automated distribution systems; selecting, managing and training staff; developing and managing the departmental budget; establishing and monitoring productivity goals; and leading cross-functional teams on key projects. Have designed the layout, organization, processes, and procedures for a distribution facility. Proven leadership skills gained from managing a large distribution center as well as founding and managing a multi-million dollar business.
General Manager, Distribution
ABC Companies, Any City, Any State, 1989 – 1999.
- Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Operations, responsible for managing all aspects of operations for a 270,000 SF distribution center with a 94-person staff and a $3.4 million budget.
- Processed 8 million units annually while managing 5,700 SKUs to supply appropriate product to over 500 different locations during off-peak times and 750 locations during peak times.
- Developed operating budget for Distribution Center based on detailed forecasts and managed Distribution Center to operate effectively within the operating budget.
- Reduced Distribution Center expenses by more than $1.5 million, a 30% reduction, over a 2-year period while maintaining productivity levels, service quality, and inventory accuracy.
- Designed an employee productivity improvement incentive program that resulted in a 28% increase in productivity.
- Developed a seasonal staffing program that eliminated the need for temporary labor resulting in a $500,000 savings.
- Directed the successful start-up of a new distribution facility achieving within the first quarter of operation a distribution volume that exceeded plan by over 200%.
- Selected and implemented a warehouse management software system, trained users, and developed procedures to integrate the computerized system.
- Led cross-functional team integrating the distribution system with a new database merchandising system.
- Redesigned receiving and picking operations to incorporate an automated system completing the project on time and under budget.
Founder and President
XYZ, Inc., Any City, Any State, 1982 – 1989.
- Founded and led a 14-employee company generating a peak of $4.7 million in annual sales.
- Responsible for residential construction projects for over 150 new single-family homes.
- Managed the complete project including bidding, design, scheduling, purchasing, subcontracting, and customer service.
- Scheduled subcontractor activities and oversaw multiple subcontractors to ensure construction projects were completed on time and within budget.
- Developed, marketed and sold residential real estate by establishing affiliations with CDE Group, A-1Bank, Top Realty, and Best Realty.
Any University, Any City, Any State
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration
DMS, MS Office, Spreadsheet Software, ORACLE
World Class Logistics, CLM Annual Conference
Supply Chain Management, CLM Annual Conference
Member, Council of Logistics Management