IT Resume for 2019
Here’s a sample resume example of an IT resume, software development resume, or technical resume sample. This sample resume example is provided courtesy of Quest Outplacement, an outplacement company that provides outplacement services to jobseekers located throughout the world.
IT resume examples are reprinted with Quest’s permission.
As you develop your IT resume, be sure it includes keywords relevant to the type of position you are targeting. To develop a keyword list, review two or three job postings for positions that interest you. Identify keywords that appear in these job postings to develop your keyword list.
Most employers use software applications that allow them to automatically search for resumes using a keyword matching feature. To help you do well with these automated initial screening tools used by most employers, incorporate your keyword list into your IT resume bullets.
Any City, Any State 12345
H: 123-456-7810 W: 123-333-4444
Databases: MS SQL Server 7.0, Sybase DMBS, MS-Access
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98, UNIX
Software: MS Visual Studio/InterDev 6.0, Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack/IIS, Real Media, Adobe Photoshop 5.0, Adobe Premier 5.0, MS Office 2000
ABC Finance, Any City, Any State, May 2000 – Present.
Provides institutional analyst estimates, research reports, and tools to investment decision-makers throughout the world.
- Work with a team of 5 to develop ABC.net, a web-based application tool that will be marketed to financial professionals to help them make investment decisions by providing earnings estimates, real-time notes, broker research, company fundamentals, and the ability to incorporate users’ own data.
- Responsible for developing company snapshot area, company consensus area, company fundamentals area, broker screening area, and research screening area of the ABC.net application as well as the original design of the application’s menu and its navigation functionality.
- Utilize input from marketing and product management to develop the look and functionality of the application to meet customer needs.
- Design the application to meet the users’ requirements document.
- Developed a demo version of the product to solicit and incorporate feedback into the design.
- Design document research area that allows user to customize search by selecting search criteria of interest.
- Develop document-searching capability by utilizing client-server side functionality to generate search criteria, run search functions, retrieve appropriate documents, filter document lists, view documents, print documents and save documents to the Virtual Filing System.
- Create generic applets and tables for relating analyst estimate forecasts and research reports.
- Use DHTML-based functionality for database access to create and display scrolling headlines for a particular company and optimize display to run quickly enough to fit multiple scenarios.
- Ensure web-based application is compatible with IE and Netscape, develop page layout, generate code, and debug code.
- Worked closely with the head of marketing as well as product management to redesign and update company’s website, http://www.abc.com, using ASP, HTML, DHTML, and CSS while ensuring that all pages were cross-browser and cross-platform compatible.
Experience Gained While Pursuing Degree
XYZ Centers, Any City, Any State, September 1999 – May 2000.
Training Center Supervisor/Consultant, Part-Time during Academic Year
- Supervised all activity in the Training Center at Any State University campus.
- Maintained campus relations and assisted students using the training center.
- Provided customer service including phone consultation.
Any State Medical, Any City, Any State, Part-Time 1996 –1999.
- Organized and maintained database using MS Access to provide accurate patient records.
- Collected and entered data for invoicing and billing for the department.
Any State University
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0; Major GPA: 3.4/4.0
Dean’s List – 3 Semesters